Open Source: national frameworks was a one-day conference held in central London that addressed the following topics:
- e-Government in the UK, and the status of current government recommendations about open source in software procurement
- the position of the JISC, and other central research funding bodies, on open source licensing, copyright etc
- the picture from other European countries
- what the academic study of open source is teaching us
Copyright for these presentations remains with the presenters. Used with permission.
- UK Government Open Source Policy, Sebastian Rahtz, Manager, OSS Watch
- Developing JISC Open Source Policy and Practice, Dr Alan Robiette, Programme Director, Middleware, JISC
- Dutch programme on Open Standards and Open Source Software for governments, Dr Mark Bressers, Programme Manager, OSOSS
- Open Source Across Europe, Rishab Aiyer Ghosh, Programme Leader, FLOSS (presentation to follow)
- Open Source Business Across Europe, David Casal, Director of Research, Luminas Internet Applications
- Open Source Software at the BBC, David Rayers, Principal Research and Development Engineer, BBC
- Investing in Software and Services, Michael Coen, Strategic Planning and Applications Development Manager, University of Strathclyde
Open Source: national frameworks was organised by OSS Watch, http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/, the open source software advisory service for UK HE and FE. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.